We are very proud to be a Good School.
The following strengths were identified by Ofsted in June 2016:
- Leaders have a clear vision and high expectations. Their drive for improvement is shared by a committed staff and governing body. Consequently, the quality of teaching has rapidly improved since the last inspection.
- Children in the early years get a good start to their education. They make good progress from their starting points and are well prepared for the key stage 1 curriculum.
- Pupils achieve well throughout the school, particularly in writing and mathematics because of the quality of teaching they receive. They make good progress and are well prepared for secondary school. Pupils feel safe and enjoy coming to school. Attendance is above the national average. Very few pupils are persistently absent.
- Teachers’ good subject knowledge allows them to make effective use of links between curriculum subjects to make learning interesting.
- Leaders’ strong and effective promotion of good conduct and fundamental British values means this is a school where all pupils are welcome and each person is treated with respect.
- Governors have an in-depth knowledge of the school because of their rigorous questioning of senior leaders and the comprehensive information they receive.
- Parents are overwhelmingly supportive of the school; they appreciate the improvements that have been made to the education and welfare of their children.