Finance, Personnel and Premises Committee
Membership and Role
Membership of the committee will be no fewer than 3 governors, chosen at the beginning of each academic year. The Principal or her nominee and the Chair of Governors or his nominee will automatically be members of the Committee. As well as collective responsibility, most members of the committee will have individual responsibilities to keep the committee and the Board of Governors up-to-date with specifics elements of this remit.
The quorum for each meeting will be 3 governors.
The committee will meet termly (usually immediately before the full Board meetings) and otherwise as required.
The committee will report to each meeting of the Board.
The committee clerk will be responsible for arranging meetings, taking and distributing the minutes (together with relevant papers) and following up agreed actions.
The committee has delegated power to make its own decisions on behalf of, and without referral to, the full Board of Governors, except where the subject matter requires full Board consideration by law or in accordance with the Academy’s established scheme of delegation.
The Finance, Personnel and Premises Committee will take the lead on:
- Ensuring the health and safety of the school premises
- Ensuring good financial management for the school using funding to positively impact on pupil progress
- Ensuring pupil premium funding is used to narrow the gap to the national average
- Ensuring the academy adheres to the Best Value policy
- Ensuring the academy has robust policies and procedures in place for the recruitment and induction of new staff
- Ensuring performance related pay policy is followed and fairly administered
- To ensure succession planning is built in to staff recruitment and retention
- Developing and reviewing policies identified within the school’s policy review programme and in accordance with its delegated powers
The Finance, Personnel and Premises Committee will accept full delegated responsibility for the discharge of the following duties:
Systematically to gather the views of stakeholders and report on these, in order that outcomes are effectively used to inform planning
To monitor and evaluate:
- The effectiveness of safeguarding policies and procedures and tenure that the school complies with all health and safety and safeguarding regulations in relation to the recruitment of staff.
- To monitor regularity , propriety and compliance in accordance with Academies Accounts Direction
- Implementation of the Value for Money Statement
- Use of funding to narrow the gap in attainment and achievement of the most disadvantaged
- Budgets are set in line with the Academy Improvement Plan and positively impact on pupil progress
- Performance management of staff and the fair administration of the Pay Policy
- Effectiveness of the staffing structure and impact on pupil progress
- The budget and effectiveness of spending
- The effectiveness of health and safety policies and procedures in the academy
- The asset management plan for the school
To provide guidance to the full Board of Governors for the following, which cannot be delegated:
- Approval of the annual budget
- Appointed of the Principal and Vice Principal
- Approval of the staffing Structure for the Academy
Termly Schedule of Foci in addition to monitoring the Academy budget and personnel issues
- Policies in need of review this year
- Level of financial delegation
- Demands on the budget this academic year
- Buildings maintenance
- Value for money
- Review of previous spending
- Pupil Premium spending
- ICT renewal and development
- Staff Review
- Performance Management outcomes
- Budgeting and priorities for improvement
- CPD budget
- Effectiveness of committee